- 4 C Mushrooms, divided
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1/4 C + 2 T Nama Shoyu (divided)
- 1 T Agave (optional)
- 1 C Pumpkin seeds (soaked for 3+ hours)
- 1 C Sunflower seeds (soaked for 3+ hours)
- 1 T Water
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Shallot
- 1/4 C Parsley
- 1 T Tarragon
- 1 T Thyme
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
For the Marinated Mushrooms:
1: Remove the stems and gills from 2 cups of the mushrooms
2: Combine Nama Shoyu, Olive Oil and Agave
3. Place mushrooms and marinade in bowl, coat to combine. Let sit, stiring occasionally for at least 3 hours.
1. Finely chop garlic and shallot in food processor. Remove to bowl.
1. Place 2 C Mushrooms in food processor. Pulse until they are finely chopped. Put in bowl with garlic and shallots.
2. Drain sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Process in food processor until a paste consistency is achieved. Add to bowl.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients, spoon into drained, marinated mushroom tops. Sprinkle tops with more tarragon.
Chef’s Notes: You can start the mushrooms marinating and the seeds soaking at the same time, about 3 hours prior. You will want to pat the mushrooms dry or they will be too oily.